College Assistance Migrant Program


The College Assistance Migrant Program (CAMP) is a program serving first time freshmen students who have the desire to pursue a college education at the SUNY Oneonta. 



  1. The applicant, or his or her immediate family member, must meet qualifications for migrant or seasonal farm work;
  2. The applicant must be a high school graduate or have received a High School Equivalency Diploma (GED);
  3. The applicant must have lived in New York State for at least one year, establishing  residency in the state for the purposes of financial aid;
  4. The applicant must have a high school GPA of 78 or higher; or a score of 2500 or higher on the GED. (Contact CAMP if you scored lower on the GED);
  5. The applicant must have a combined critical reading and math score of 800 or higher on the SAT, or a score of 16 or higher on the ACT (GED students are exempt from the SAT or the ACT).


Migrant or seasonal farm work qualifier:  the applicant, or a member of his or her immediate family must have been employed in agriculture, on a temporary or seasonal basis, during the past 2 years (24 months), or the applicant must have participated in a Title I, Migrant Education Program.  If the applicant participated in a Migrant Education program in the past, he or she must be able to obtain a Certificate of Eligibility (COE) or similar documentation from a Migrant Education Outreach Program.


Eligibility & Services
Applying for CAMP
Check Out Our Students Merits
CAMP Staff
Current Students
CAMP Alumni
Past Events
Version en Español

Contact Us

111 Wilsbach Hall
SUNY Oneonta
Oneonta, NY 13820
Phone: 877.256.2021
Fax: 607.436.2288





Seasonal Farm worker:  a person who, within the past 24 months, was employed for at least 75 days in farmwork, and whose primary employment was in farmwork on a temporary or seasonal basis (that is, not a constant year-round activity).

Migrant Farm worker:  a seasonal farmworker whose employment requires travel that prevents the farmworker from returning to his/her permanent home within the same day.

Farmwork:  any agricultural activity performed for wages on a farm, ranch or similar establishment.  Qualifying farmwork IS NOT work performed on the individuals own farm.

Agricultural Activity:  any activity directly related to the production of crops, dairy products, poultry or live stock; any activity directly related to the cultivation or harvesting of trees; or any activity directly related to fish farming. 

Production:  includes work on farms, ranches, dairies, orchards, nurseries, and greenhouses engaged in the production of crops, plants, or vines and the keeping, grazing, or feeding of livestock or livestock products for sale (i.e. milk or cheese products).  The term also includes the production of bulbs, flower seeds, vegetable seeds, and specialty operations such as sod farms, mushroom cellars and cranberry bogs.

If you’re not sure about your qualifications for the program, please contact CAMP at 1.877.256.2021 or and we can help you determine if you are eligible.