|Steering Committee Members
Chair - Karen Geasey
Assistant to the Chair - Annette Lindell
Secretary - Alice Collins
Treasurer - Gerri Haan
Bulletin - Susan R. Hughson
Membership – Cathy LaFontaine
Finance - Barb Hein
Voter Service - Bette Wagner and Karen Geasey
Members of the League:
- hold simultaneous membership in the League of Women Voters of the United States, their State League, and their local League.
- receive our local Bulletin, published 9-10 times/year, the quarterly NYS Voter newsletter, and the National Voter magazine from the LWVUS.
- choose the local program at an annual meeting, (in May) and decide League positions by consensus.
- become involved based on their individual interests and level of commitment. Action calls are issued regularly, encouraging members to contact legislators on issues of importance to the League.
- can do Voters Service programs, including voter registration and candidate forums, election reporting and much more!
Membership is open to ALL citizens ( both women and men ) over 18. Others are welcome to become associate members. Membership Dues are NOT tax-deductible, but contributions to the LWV-Oneonta Education Fund ARE tax-deductible.
For information on joining the LWV of the Oneonta area, call 607-436-4050. We are a volunteer organization with NO STAFF at the local level, so it may take us a few days to get back to you, but please be patient-- we really do want you! If you are not in the Oneonta NY area, check with the LWVNYS or LWVUS to locate the local League nearest you.
Other local leagues near Oneonta: LWV of Cooperstown