- Submission is open to all students enrolled for
undergraduate study at an accredited institution of higher education during
the 2008-2009 academic year.
- Papers may deal with any philosophical issue,
period, or field of inquiry.
- Papers should be approximately 10-15 pages in length
(double-spaced typescript). Longer papers will be considered but may require
revision to fit a 20 minute presentation limit.
- All papers are subject to blind review. The author's
name and institution should be identified clearly our standard Cover
Sheet, not the paper itself.
- Each paper should be accompanied by an abstract that
will be published on the World Wide Web, in the Conference Program, and in
the Conference Proceedings.
- Submission may be made in any of three ways:
- Surface Mail Undergraduate Philosophy Conference
Department of Philosophy
Oneonta, NY 13820-4015
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax: (607) 436-2653 (please be sure to number the pages: our machine sometimes
spits them across the room)
- If you use surface mail or fax, please send an electronic copy of your
paper as well: email, flash, 3.5" disk, or CD -- please specify your
include President's Awards for exemplary presentations as well as
special awards for papers in (1) Asian and Comparative Philosophy and (2)
Philosophy of Science. Dominick Roda Awards honor exceptional performance as
a discussant. Award-winning essays, as well as other selected papers, will
be published by Oneonta Philosophy Studies. Decisions of the Conference
Committee are final.
- No student may submit more than two papers in any
given year. Previously published papers will not be considered.
- Preference will be given to papers received by
January 21, 2009.
Website constructed and
Douglas Shrader / Distinguished
Teaching Professor of Philosophy
Philosc@Oneonta.edu or PhilosophyConference@Gmail.com
September 28, 2008